WHAT IS ACUTE TOXIC ENCEPHALOPATHY
Acute toxic encephalopathy is caused by the abrupt appearance of symptoms and signs of the central nervous system in the course of primary diseases. The reason of the desease is unknown. The disease may be associated with immunoreaction to infection and its toxin invading the brain tissue directly. In herbal Acupuncture, this is called 'jing feng'(infantile convulsion).
1. It may occur at any age, but usually in infants from 1 to 3 years old. The brain damage always follow by the primary disorders within a few days or 1 to 2 weeks after their attack.
2. The diagnosis is usually abrupt with high fever, headache, vomitting, restlessness, convulsion, coma, delayed reaction to light, always come with holotonia, decerebrate rigidity. Some of the patients may have the symptoms of meningeal irritation, increased or reduced of tendon reflex and have cerebellar symptoms, such as ataxia and kinetic tremor.
3. The lab exam shows that cerebrospinal fluid is clear. All are normal only the pressure is high and sometimes there is a slight increase of protein.
4. By fundus exam, Arteriolar spasm, blood stasis of small vein and retinal edema can be observed.
TYPES OF SYNDROMES
1. Always seen in the stage of cerebral edema of toxic encephalopathy, in the case of the primary disease, with abrupt high fever, headache, vomitting, restlessness, delirium, drowsiness, convulsions of the limbs, involuntary staring, lockjaw or unconsciousness, deep-red tongue with yellow and dry fur, stiffness of the extremities and neck, either taut and rapid or slippery and rapid pulse.
THE STAR NEWSPAPER: Neuro-Acupuncture Treatment
Basically, he inserts needles into strategic points of the head. Neuro-acupuncture is believed to improve the chi flow between neurons in the brain, which then helps patients improve communication, speech and behaviour... more news
Eczema Cure: Chronic Rashes on the Body
Could Brain Disorders like Autism be Repaired?